Flossing is vital for long-term oral health; that’s a given. However, many people find flossing a burdensome task; hence 20% of Americans never floss. For those with braces, flossing is even more of a perceived hassle. We’ll explain how to floss with braces efficiently in Mukilteo. Yes, you may not feel like doing it, but you know it’s a daily necessity—as much as brushing.
Use the Right Floss
Before you begin, choose the right type of floss. We advise sticking with wax-coated floss. The unwaxed variety is more thread-like and prone to getting caught in the wiring. You can also use a floss threader; this is an easy-to-use tool that simplifies flossing around the braces. You may also elect to invest in a water flosser to make the process even easier.
Floss with Braces: An Easy Step-By-Step Process
Our oral surgeons provide an outline that simplifies the process of flossing for those who have traditional wire braces.
- Rinse with mouth wash, or even water.
- Brush normally; that is, for two minutes, being sure to clean the brackets.
- Thread the floss behind the wire, being sure you have enough slack on both ends. Be careful not to push the floss against the wire.
- Push the floss between your teeth and slide it up and down.
- When you’re done, carefully pull the floss out, again being sure not to pull outward against the wire.
Braces Require Regular Checkups
See your family dentist if you or a child have braces of any kind. Our friendly endodontists work with adults and kids alike. Mukilteo Dental Arts stresses the importance of proper flossing with braces; don’t let inconvenience be an excuse. Contact us today!
Always Floss with Braces in Mukilteo; We Can Help
General family dentistry for Mukilteo, Everett, Lynnwood, Edmonds & Mill Creek
Posted on August 16, 2021 | Published by Ignite Local | Related Local Business